Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We made the move!!

So I haven't blogged in FOREVER!!! But when we decided to make the move to Kansas I told myself I was gonna blog more often. Mainly to keep our family and friends updated. Even though I know I can do most of it on Facebook not everyone is on Facebook.
So we made it here Saturday August 13th after 3 long days in the car. The kids handled it very well. They were real troopers and did really well the whole drive. Unfortunetly before we left Jeremy came down with a yucky head cold I tried my best to not get it but no such luck, day 3 rolls around and I started to feel miserable. I am feeling better now but still fighting getting rid of the last of this thing.

Here are just a few hings about our new town Shawnee, KS.
1. I LOVE the kids new school. They are friendly and super helpful. The first day of school it was pouring rain. And of course we didnt have an umbrella so when we got out they noticed we didnt have an umbrella and came over to us got us under the umbrella and walked us to the covering to get in the building as dry as possible. The other thing I love about them is on the drop off area they have 12 spots and there are 12 teachers that stand at each spot. As you pull in they come to your car open the door for your kids and greet them with a smile and hello and make the kids so welcome. They do the same thing for pick up too!!
2. I love that at our inside our Wal-Mart instead of a McDonald's there is a Subway!!
3. I am THRILLED about how green it is here and how many lakes, rivers, brick buildings, railroad tracks, and much much more there is here for my photography business.
4. We didnt escape the wind. It is windy here. Not terrible but a breeze is almost an everyday thing Ive noticed so far.
5. I bought some groceries and realized that some foods are taxed and some are not. So now I must figure out which ones are and are not!

So those are just a few things about our town so far. I know there is a lot lot more we just haven't had a chance to explore yet due to being so sick. But we are on the mend and getting ready to explore our town a bit more. Next blog I will add pictures!!

No comments: